SUBMIT A PHOTO TO US
Most photos in CRACKYL are published with articles, however, we are always looking for dynamic and original photos of firefighters being firefighters!
Submit a photo you have related to firefighters at the station, a fundraiser, on a golf course, work BBQ, travelling, working out, or just spending time with the family and we might publish it in our print magazine CRACKYL or on our website crackylmag.com.
Images should be 300 dpi for a minimum final print size of approximately 8 x 10 inches. Submit high resolution photos as JPEGs (RGB or CMYK). All submissions should be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE PITCH
Thank you for your interest in writing for CRACKYL Magazine. We hope the following information will help you in preparing your pitches.
CRACKYL Magazine is published four times a year and is a lifestyle & health magazine dedicated to firefighters and those who share their lives with them. From health to finance, relationships to stress management, and fitness to lifestyle, CRACKYL explores the most important issues in the most engaging ways.
Our tone is positive, authentic and confident with an emphasis on solutions. Writing must be smart, clear, informative and entertaining. Articles range from 800 to 1,000 words. Payment allows use of the material in the magazine and online at crackylmag.com
Payment is upon acceptance. Kill fees, when necessary, are paid at a rate of 50 per cent of the original agreed-upon fee and are at our discretion.
All of our stories will be fact-checked prior to publication. It is the writer’s responsibility to provide backup for sources. Please note that because our publication is distributed internationally, we use U.S. spelling.
How to pitch us: Article queries should be submitted in writing via email rather than by telephone. Provide a short, focused outline of the proposed article (approximately 150 words, illustrating your tone and style. Please include a brief bio.)
Please send pitches to email@example.com
We’re sorry but we’re unable to accept full articles and can only consider pitches. If your idea is a good one, we will assign the article and offer comments on how we’d like to see it developed.
Not a writer but have a great story to tell? We are always looking for first-person experiences and people willing to share their expertise and can assign someone to interview you to create an article.
If you have photographs that you would like used with your submission, please ensure that you include them with your final submission. All photographs should be properly sourced to avoid copyright infringement.
Thank you again for your interest in CRACKYL Magazine.
*Please read our submission release below*
Owner of copyright retains all copyright on any photo submitted to CRACKYL magazines, their websites and newsletters. CRACKYL Media Inc. reserves one-time, non-exclusive publication rights on images in its magazines and electronic medias upon agreement with the owner of copyright. All photos will be credited to the photographer.
CRACKYL Media Inc. assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage of any solicited or unsolicited material submitted to the magazine for possible publication or otherwise. All rights for publication, reproduction, and cropping of images as well as moral rights of all submitted works are assigned to CRACKYL Media Inc. for one-time publication anywhere in its magazines or websites, with exception to a written prearranged agreement between the Editor and the author. Previously published articles will not be accepted for publication. Upon publication in one of the magazines, the author guarantees that the same article will not appear in any other magazine for one full year. In the case of photographic work where an individual is recognizable, CRACKYL Media Inc. is not responsible for obtaining, on her/his part, written authorization for publication; this responsibility rests with the author of the photographs. CRACKYL Media Inc. accepts no proposals, stipulations or conditions enclosed in delivery memos or in any correspondence to the same effect. For return purposes, a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage to cover all return fees must accompany all material submitted by mail. Otherwise, the submitted work will become the property of CRACKYL Media Inc. one year following its receipt. Forwarding of any material to CRACKYL Media Inc. amounts to express consent to the above conditions.
*I am submitting a story (collectively with any related images, video, or audio material and with any related material provided at a later date, the “Story”) to CRACKYL Media Inc. via the story sharing feature of the crackylmag.com website. I realize that the Story may be broadly used by CRACKYL Media Inc. is submitted on the following conditions:
1. I represent and warrant that I am the sole author of the Story; that the Story is true and not misleading; that I am the present and sole owner of all right, title, and interest in and to the Story; that I have the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and convey the Story to TS upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; and that no third party is entitled to any payment or other consideration as a condition of the exploitation of the Story.
2. I hereby grant (and release to) CRACKYL Media Inc., worldwide, royalty free, transferable license, with rights of sublicense, to publish, use for advertising or publicity purposes, and otherwise use the Story (or any portion or derivation thereof) in web, print, video, audio, and all other media (including, without limitation, any and all social media) and in any internet, radio, television, or live stage program. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by CRACKYL Media Inc. of the Story or any similar material. I understand that CRACKYL Media Inc. may create, publish, and otherwise use fictionalized or dramatized versions of the Story, and I grant CRACKYL Media Inc. the right to fictionalize, dramatize, and adapt the Story for that purpose. I further acknowledge and agree that others may provide feedback or comments to my Story and neither CRACKYL Media Inc. nor its affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any such feedback or comments. CRACKYL Media Inc. also cannot guarantee that others will not use the Story, and CRACKYL Media Inc. and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for any use, misuse or misappropriation of your Story by others.
3. I further understand that CRACKYL Media Inc. would refuse to receive the Story in the absence of my acceptance of each and all of the provisions of this release and license. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between CRACKYL Media Inc. and me, and I further acknowledge that no such relationships are established between CRACKYL Media Inc. and me by reason of this release and license or by reason of my submission of the Story.
4. I agree to indemnify CRACKYL Media Inc. (and its owners, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents) from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and punitive damages) that may be asserted against CRACKYL Media Inc. or incurred by CRACKYL Media Inc. at any time in connection with the Story, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
5.I have retained at least one copy of the Story, and I release CRACKYL Media Inc. from any and all liability for loss or other damage to the copies of the Story submitted to CRACKYL Media Inc. hereunder.
6. CRACKYL Media Inc. may assign, license, or sublicense its rights hereunder. This release and license will inure to the benefit of any heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, and licensees of CRACKYL Media Inc., and any such heir, successor, representative, assign, or licensee will be deemed a third party beneficiary under this release and license.
8. The grants, rights, and releases made hereby are irrevocable. Should any provision or part of any provision of this release and license be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof will be deemed omitted, and this release and license with such provision or part thereof omitted will remain in full force and effect.
9. This release and license will be governed by the laws of the Ontario, Canada applicable to agreements executed and to be fully performed therein.
10. I have read and understand this release and license and no oral representations of any kind have been made to me. This release and license states our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof.